Working as an affiliate at Addrevenue should be easy. We spend a lot of time and energy building away and hiding the advanced technical stuff behind the scenes, and making it as simple and straightforward as possible for you as an affiliate. A step in that direction is our technology Easylinks™.
Win-win with nice links
Traditional links to the advertiser's website go via our tracking server and thus the web address addrevenue.io is also visible in the link. In addition to that, various parameters with IDs of various kinds are also visible. With Easylinks™ you instead link directly to the advertiser's website. Not only does it make for nicer links, but it's also easier for you, because you never have to think about advertiser IDs and channel IDs, etc.
The script keeps track of whether the visitor clicks on an advertiser link and, if necessary, replaces the link to go via our tracking server. The click is tracked and the visitor is then forwarded to the advertiser's website in a flash.
The script knows which links are advertiser links by matching its URL with the active relations you have with Addrevenue. If it is not an advertiser link, the traffic is not sent via our tracking server.
How do I install the script?
The easiest way is to go to My advertisers on our platform and then click on one of the advertisers you link to. Under "Link type" you change to Easylink™ and at the bottom you now see the code to be inserted on your website. Please note that without this code installed, Easylinks™ will not work and tracking will be completely lost!
It is therefore important that you test this properly:
- Create normal direct links on the website directly to your advertisers, for example https://www.myadvertiser.com/shop (so not to https://addrevenue.io/t?c=.... etc.)
- Click on the created link on your home page.
- Make sure you land on https://www.myadvertiser.com/shop?utm_source=addrevenue.io... (and various other parameters)
- Also check in the event log on our platform under Reports / Events that the click has been registered.
- If you land on https://www.myadvertiser.com/shop (without parameters) then tracking has failed. Likewise if you do not find an event in the event log.
Once you have tested and established that tracking works with links directly to the advertiser, you are ready to get started with Easylinks™.